The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein; for the time is near. (Revelation 1:1-3)

 2021/08/30


2. The Worldview

Daily effort of reading aloud the words of the Book of Revelation and listening to the voice makes "what must soon take place," which is stressed in the book, happen to me. It means that I find in what I said and in small things that I experience in daily life the hidden meanings and have good opportunities to experience the Holy Spirit guiding me not by words but meanings. Some may say such an experience will happen in any case, but I can say that in my case, that happened in this situation. Also, when I talked with people who recently started the practice of reciting the Book of Revelation as I do, I noticed an interesting fact. They experience "what must soon take place," but they are not aware of it. They, without knowing it, often talk about their experience of finding in their words and deeds or what happened to them the hidden meanings. When I pointed out this fact, they were surprised but admitted what happened to them. As we talked about such topics, we realized that our communication with the theme of faith got smoother and that we could share our values more quickly on the day. Even when the argument that we had never agreed with each other before came up again, we could understand what each of us said as if we had seen and heard it ourselves. I thought this was because we were beginning to share the worldview of Jesus Christ with him as we made our daily efforts of reciting the Revelation and listening to the voice of it. The phrase "in my name" that Jesus speaks could mean the state in which one is sharing the worldview of Jesus with him.

Reference: The Estuary of Theology issue 22 "The Book of Revelation and the Twofold Spirituality of the Holy Spirit," issue 24 "The White Robe."

Maria K. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Favourite